For the objective of this Policy, “Information” refers to any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual.
Here, it includes Information you provide or generated when you use:
(a) Our apps, including Virtunus ToDo; and
(b) Virtunus.com and any other dedicated Virtunus websites which link to this policy (“Website“and together with the “Apps“the “Services“).
When you are a user of the Services, you accept and understand that we collect, process, use and store your Information as described in this Policy.
If you avoid agreeing with this Policy, you must not use any of our Services. If you change your mind in the future, you must terminate to use the Services. Additionally, you may exercise your rights in relation to your Information as set out in this Policy.
1. What Information do we collect?
We will collect and use the following Information about you in the following way.
- Information provided by you to us
- Information we gather when you register
Facebook Id / Google Id / Email
Analytics events (how the product is being used)
- Information we accumulate through voluntary activities: Our collected information about you varies depending on the survey, but we typically ask you questions about your interests and habits, your opinion about different products and services and what you‘d like to be offered in the future. We also collect your ratings, opinions, preferences, questions, pictures, and responses associated with that survey. For instance, when you interact with us via email, or participate in surveys, we question you about your email address and any information you want to provide to allow us to help you.
2. How your personal information is used by us
We assure you that we do not sell any data, including your personal data. Our main aim is to process your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. We require certain personal data in order to provide you with access to Virtunus To Do. If you registered with us, you will have been asked to check a tick box indicating your agreement to provide this data in order to access our services.
This consent provides us with the legal basis we require under applicable law to process your data. You maintain the right to withdraw such consent at any time. If you do not agree to our use of your personal data in line with this policy, please do not use our platform.
Information we gather automatically when you use our Services:
We gather information about you when you use our Services, including browsing our websites and taking certain actions within the Services.
- Your use of the Services: We keep track of certain information about you when you visit and interact with any of our Services. This information includes the features you use; the tasks, projects, teams and other links you click on; the type, size and filenames of attachments you upload to the Services; frequently used search terms; and how you interact with others on the Services. We also collect information about the teams and people you work with and how you interact with them, like who you collaborate and communicate with most frequently.
- Device and Connection Information: We accumulate information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other devices you use to access the Services. This device information includes your connection type and settings when you install, access, update, or use our Services. We also collect information through your device about your operating system, browser type, IP address, URLs of referring/exit pages, device identifiers, and crash data. We use your IP address and/or country preference in order to approximate your location to provide you with a better Service experience. How much of this information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Services.
- Log files: We collect non-personally identifiable information through our Internet log files, which record data such as user IP addresses, browser types, domain names, and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of the Virtunus To Do Service. This information may be used to analyze trends, to administer the Virtunus To Do Service, to monitor the use of the Virtunus To Do Service, and to gather general demographic information. We may link this information to personally identifiable information for these and other purposes, such as personalizing your experience on the Virtunus To Do Service, and evaluating the Virtunus To Do Service in general.
Information we receive from other sources
We receive information about you from other Service users, from third party services, and from our business and channel partners.
- Other users of the Services: Other users of our Services may provide information about you when they submit content through the Services. For example, you may be mentioned by someone else on a task, or a team member may upload content about you to Virtunus To Do. We also receive your email address from other Service users when they provide it in order to invite you to the Services. Similarly, an administrator may provide your contact information when they designate you as another administrator for a task, team or an Enterprise or Unlimited Account.
- Other partners: We receive information about you and your activities on and off the Services from third-party partners, such as advertising and market research partners who provide us with information about your interest in, and engagement with, our Services and online advertisements.
- Virtunus To Do’s use of information received, and Virtunus To Do’s transfer of information to any other app, from Google APIs will adhere to Google’s Limited Use Requirements.
3. How we deal with cookies and similar technologies
Cookies are tiny files of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your PC, laptop, or mobile. They contain information that is transferred to your computer‘s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly essential cookies: There are some cookies that are strictly essential to make our Services available to you; for instance, to perform your login functionality and for user authentication and security. We cannot provide you with the Services without this type of cookie.
- Functional cookies : These are used to recognise you when you return to our Website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
You can block cookies by setting your internet browser to block some or all cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to use our Services.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after a maximum 2 years.
4. With whom we share your personal information
We share your Information with selected third parties, including:
- Other users who will see your profile information and any other information you choose to share with them through the Services.
- Vendors and service providers we rely on for the provision of the Services. For example, here, we have mentioned the service providers. Let’s have a look.
- Cloud service providers who we rely on for data storage, including Firebase which is acquired by Google.
- Customer support solution providers, who help us manage and respond to our customer questions and complaints. This includes none but Virtunus Inc. support team who manages, problems, issues and deal with all the solutions customer needs and
- Analytics providers. We work with a number of analytics, segmentation and mobile measurement service providers who help us understand our user base. This includes Google LLC, which is based in the U.S. You can learn about Google‘s practices by going to https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners, and opt-out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Third Parties Service Integrations
When you connect third party apps to the Apps, you authorize us to share designated information and data created and/or uploaded by you to our server with these third party services of your choice on your behalf.
- Communications platform providers, who help us manage and send newsletters to you in relation to the Services. This includes MailChimp which is based in the U.S.
- Law enforcement agencies, public authorities or other judicial bodies and organisations. We disclose Information if we are legally required to do so, or if we have a good faith belief that such use is reasonably necessary to comply with a legal obligation, process or request; enforce our terms of service and other agreements, policies, and standards, including investigation of any potential violation thereof; detect, prevent or otherwise address security, fraud or technical issues; or protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users, a third party or the public as required or permitted by law (including exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection).
- Corporate ownership Change
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, reorganisation, partnership, asset sale or other transaction, we may disclose your Information as part of that transaction.
5. Where your information is stored
Your Information will be processed by our employees and service providers in the U.S. We take steps to ensure all transfers are protected by adequate safeguards, including the standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission.
6. How long your information will be stored
Your Information is kept for as long as necessary to achieve the purposes set out above. Generally, it is stored for as long as you are registered and using our Services, and then for up to 5 years from the date you stop using the Services, or promptly following a valid erasure request (see below _ Your Rights: Erasure _ section). Some information we collect will be stored for longer where we have an overriding legitimate interest to retain such information (for example, information on suspicious behaviour of certain users of our Services and transaction records).
When deleting Information, we will take measures to make the Information irrecoverable or irreproducible, and electronic files which contain Information will be deleted permanently.
7. Your rights
Where and when is information collected?
- Opt-out: You may contact us anytime to opt-out of: (i) direct marketing communications; (ii) automated decision-making and/or profiling; (iii) our collection of sensitive personal data; or (iv) any new processing of your personal data that we may carry out beyond the original purpose. Please note that your use of some of the platforms may be ineffective upon opt-out.
- Access: You may access the data we hold about you at any time by exporting your Team’s data (if you are an admin) or by contacting us directly.
- Amend: You can also contact us to update or correct any inaccuracies in your personal data.
- Move: Your data is portable – i.e. you have the flexibility to move your data to other service providers as you wish.
- Erase and Forget: In certain situations, for example when the data we hold about you is no longer relevant or is incorrect, you can request that we erase your data.
You may contact us at www.virtunus.com/contact 651 N Broad St Ste 206, Middletown, DE, 19709-6402 United States anytime for any other questions you may have about your personal data and our use of such personal data.
You also have the following rights:
- Portability. You have the right to receive a copy of Information we process on the basis of consent or contract in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, or to request that such Information is transferred to a third party.
- Correction. You have the right to correct any Information held about you that is inaccurate.
- Restriction. You have a right in certain circumstances to stop us processing Information other than for storage purposes.
Do we collect information from Children?
Our Services are not targeted at children, and we do not knowingly collect Information from children under the age of 18. If you learn that a child has provided us with Information in violation of this Policy, please contact us as indicated below.
8. Whom will You Contact if You have any Privacy Questions?
– By email: [email protected]
– By postal mail or courier:
ATTN: Privacy Agent Virtunus To Do
651 N Broad St Ste 206, Middletown ,
DE, 19709-6402 United States
Subject to the next paragraph, we ask that you not send or disclose to us any sensitive personal data (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through [the Site/Applications(s)/Services] or otherwise.
If you send or disclose any sensitive personal data to us when you submit user-generated content to [our Site/Application(s)/Services], you consent to our processing and use of such sensitive personal data in accordance with this policy. If you do not consent to our processing and use of such sensitive personal data, you must not submit such user generated content to our platform.